At Silverdale, growth and evolution is the way of life: our current enterprise is a minuscule reflection of our ambitions & our capability. We are always on the lookout for talent. If you have fire in your belly, we have the platform to deliver. At Silverdale, we believe the only way we can grow as an institution is when every employee grows. As individuals, we can't reach our ambitious growth targets, but as a team we can surpass them.
CFA or Chartered Accountant or MBA (Finance) from a top-tier business school or MA (Econoics) or B.Tech. from top-tier engineering school or B.Sc. (Mathematics) Min. 2 years of hands-on experience of investing into fixed income securities and/or derivatives. Candidates with investment experience in investment grade corporate bonds of emerging markets would be preferred. Financial modelling skills and multi-model valuation expertise is necessary; candidates with basic programming skills would be preferred. Excellent analytical skills and strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to construct and defend an investment recommendation. Ability to be a team player, while at the same time exhibiting complete ownership of assigned tasks. Passionate about investing, comfortable with real life uncertainties and ability to manage tight timelines. Candidates without any fixed income and/or credit derivatives investment experience are requested to refrain from applying.
- Generate fixed income investment ideas, scanning across global bond markets with focus on emerging markets
- Deep dive credit analysis of potential and existing portfolio investments covering all aspects of the security (spreads, covenants, structure, swaps, hedges, etc.), issuer (cash-flows, ratings, appropriations, etc.) and macro factors (country, enforcement risks, trends, etc.)
- Prepare and present detailed Investment Note for approval by the fund manager/team leader.
- Regular (daily and weekly) updates on fixed income strategy, macro factors, trends, fixed income securities pricing, portfolio positioning, greeks, and market dynamics
- Develop relationships with sell-side analysts, company management, and other industry experts to support investment thesis
- Seeking arbitrage or hedging opportunities (through F&O, special situations, etc.) and determining appropriate pyramiding up/down of investments
- Assist in trade execution, compliance and reporting
- Diligent monitoring of holdings to ensure credit profiles and returns remains consistent with firm expectations
- Assist fund manager through market alerts, algorithms, and network of relationships
- Support marketing and investor service activities, including preparation of various analytical reports, bench-marking, presentations, et al.
Chief Investment Officer and Team Leader
- 2 - 5 years
- CFA/Chartered Accountant or MBA (Finance) with under graduate commerce degree
- We seek to recruit sharp finance professionals who are passionate about equity investing and are keen to improve their stock picking and investment research skills.
- The candidate must possess a professional degree in accountancy or management (finance), with at least two years experience in equity research and/or fund management.
- The candidate should thrive on challenges, be comfortable with real-life uncertainties and manage tight timelines. Strong fundamentals, good communication skills and team spirit are a must.
- Candidate without equity research experience shall not be considered.
- Research various companies (and industries).
- The research process is expected to be in-depth and will require the candidate to understand the business, value proposition, appropriation of value created, carry out detailed analysis of financial statements, compare and contrast the competitors, attend analyst meetings, conduct telephonic and personal interviews with senior management of companies, determine competitive advantages, make plant visits, do financial modelling and valuation model with sensitivity analysis; and generally assist the fund manager in investment decisions.
- Tracking of portfolio companies, and potential investment candidates, arbitrage opportunities, industry and economy watch; relative attractiveness of various countries, etc; and, preparing investment flyers and investment notes, and various portfolio reports.
- Chief Investment Officer and Team Leader
- Training for the research process will be largely on-the-job, duly supplemented by mandatory and desirable external training and seminars. Candidates can expect to progress to fund management responsibilities in two to five years depending on aptitude, attitude and learning.
- Owner The information on this Website has been published by: Silverdale Capital Pte. Ltd. (hereinafter 'Silverdale') (a Monetary Authority of Singapore authorized Accredited Investor Licensed Fund Management Company) 8 Temasek Boulevard, #35-02 Suntec Tower-3, Singapore 038988
- Restricted Access
The Website and the information therein is not directed at or intended for distribution to any person (or entity) who is a citizen or resident of (or located or established in) any jurisdiction where the use of the Website would be contrary to applicable law or regulation or would subject Silverdale to any registration or licensing requirement in such jurisdiction. Visitors who wish to access this Website are required to inform themselves about and adhere to any legal or regulatory restrictions which may affect their eligibility to access the Website. Professional advice should be sought in case of any doubt.
Only such investors may transact in the funds or securities mentioned in this Website, as are defined in the respective offering documents ('Eligible Investors').
Eligible Investors must also satisfy the requirements for an 'Accredited Investor' as defined in the Securities and Futures Act (Chapter 289) of Singapore.
As per Section 4A of the Securities and Futures Act (Cap 289) of Singapore, Accredited Investor means:
- (i) an individual: (a) whose net personal assets exceed in value S$2 million (or its equivalent in a foreign currency) or such other amount as the Monetary Authority of Singapore may prescribe in place of the first amount; or (b) whose income in the preceding 12 months is not less than S$300,000 (or its equivalent in a foreign currency) or such other amount as the Monetary Authority of Singapore may prescribe in place of the first amount;
- (ii) a corporation with net assets exceeding S$10 million in value (or its equivalent in a foreign currency) or such other amount as the Monetary Authority of Singapore may prescribe, in place of the first amount, as determined by:
(a) the most recent audited balance-sheet of the corporation; or (b) where the corporation is not required to prepare audited accounts regularly, a balance-sheet of the corporation certified by the corporation as giving a true and fair view of the state of affairs of the corporation as of the date of the balance-sheet, which date shall be within the preceding 12 months;
- (iii) the trustee of such trust as the Monetary Authority of Singapore may prescribe, when acting in that capacity; or
- (iv) such other person as the Monetary Authority of Singapore may prescribe;
- No Offer The information is provided for information purposes only and does not constitute a solicitation or offer, or advice or recommendation, to buy or sell interests in any security or fund or services, to effect any transactions, or to conclude any transaction of any kind whatsoever. Potential investors should read the terms and conditions in the relevant offering materials carefully before any investment decision is made and pay particular attention to the relevant clarifying the persons to whom this material is intended to be communicated.
- Singapore Registration This Website and information therein is not addressed or available to retail public. The information on this Website is not and should not be assimilated with a prospectus as defined in the Securities and Futures Act, Chapter 289 of Singapore ('SFA'). Accordingly, Silverdale denies any and all liabilities (statutory or otherwise) to the maximum extent permissible by law in relation to the information herein and referred therein. As per Section 304 of SFA, offer or invitations for investments may be made to institutional investors specified. Sri Silverdale Opportunities Fund ('SSOF') and Silverdale Fund SPC ('SFSPC') have been notified with Monetary Authority of Singapore ('MAS') as Restricted Collective Investment Schemes (under the Sixth Schedule to the Securities and Futures (Offer of Investments) (Collective Investment Schemes) Regulations. Please note that the inclusion of a scheme in the List of Restricted Schemes of MAS indicates that MAS has been informed of their intended offer in Singapore to Accredited Investors. SSOF or SFSPC is not authorized or recognized by MAS for offer to non-accredited retail investors. Inclusion in the aforesaid list does not indicate that MAS has licensed or endorsed the manager for the scheme. The offer, holding, and subsequent transfer of SSOF or SFSPC shares are subject to restrictions and conditions under SFA. SSOF is authorized and regulated by Financial Services Commission, Mauritius and SFSPC is registered with the Cayman Islands Monetary Authority. Before taking any action / decision, you should write directly to SSOF/SFSPC.
- US Person The securities (including fund, units, and shares) mentioned on this Website are not available to United States persons.
- Use of Data Your use of the services on this Website may be monitored by Silverdale, and the resultant information may be used by Silverdale or its affiliates as permitted by law.
- Login Information Certain parts of this Website may be protected by passwords, or require login and are restricted to authorized users only. Users are to treat the information available in such parts as confidential and must not disclose it to any third party or allow any third party to access this Website using such login ID or password. Users shall immediately notify Silverdale if they suspect any unauthorized use of this Website or of their login ID or password.
- Intellectual Property Rights Except where otherwise acknowledged, the copyright in and to the contents of this Website is owned or licensed for use by Silverdale. No part or parts of this Website or its contents may be reproduced, distributed, published, modified, displayed, broadcast, hyperlinked or transmitted in any manner or by any means stored in an information retrieval system without the prior written consent of Silverdale. Thus, any use of the information for any purpose is prohibited except the information provided in PDF format on the Website. Any trade and/or service marks displayed on this Website are the sole and exclusive property of Silverdale and/or respective third parties. Such content is solely for personal and non-commercial use. No right or license is given for any reproduction or use of any such trade and/or service marks. This Website and all of its content, including but not limited to text, design, graphics, interfaces, codes and any selection and arrangement thereof, may be protected as a compilation under copyright laws.
- No Warranties and Exclusion of Liability Whilst Silverdale uses reasonable efforts to obtain information from sources which are said to be reliable, Silverdale gives no warranty as to the accuracy, completeness or reliability of any data, information, opinions or forecasts contained on the Website, nor does it undertake to ensure that this Website will be available or accessible at all times. Silverdale shall have no liability (whether in contract, tort or otherwise) for any direct, indirect, consequential or special losses or damages of any kind whatsoever arising from or in connection with the access to, use of or linking to other websites from the Website or from other website to the Website or due to any reliance on any of the information herein and/or therein.
- Investment Silverdale does not give any assurance, guarantee or warranty that the investment objective or target returns of any fund or security shall be achieved or that substantial losses will not be suffered. Past or projected performance is not necessarily a guide to future results. Potential investors should note that investments can involve significant risks and the value of an investment may go down as well as up, and the entire investment could be lost.
- No Reliance Nothing contained on this Website constitutes investment, legal, tax or other advice or a recommendation to purchase or sell any investment. You should not rely on any of the information published on the Website in making an investment or other decision but should obtain relevant and specific professional advice and read the terms and conditions contained in the relevant offering prospectus carefully before any investment decision is made. The information contained on this Website is published in good faith and provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis for informational purposes only, and without verification or warranty as to their accuracy, completeness or suitability for any specific investment purpose. In particular, Silverdale Communique (which are available for download in PDF format on this Website) are issued by Sri Silverdale Opportunities Fund/Sri Silverdale Capital Partners/Silverdale Fund SPC (third parties) and not by Silverdale, and Silverdale accepts no responsibility for any action taken or not taken based on these materials. All materials on this Website are meant to be reviewed in their entirety, including any footnotes, disclaimers, restrictions or disclosures and terms and conditions of their use including inter alia any copyright notices. Any disclaimers, restrictions or disclosures apply to any partial document or material in the same manner as they do to the whole, and will be deemed to be incorporated in the portion of any material or document that the users may consult or download. No representation or warranty, express or implied, is therefore made by Silverdale or by any associated person as to its accuracy, adequacy, timeliness, commercial value or completeness, or that any of the information or our Website will be provided uninterrupted or free of errors or that any identified defect will be corrected, and it should not be relied on as such by the users. Silverdale shall have no liability for any loss or damage arising out of the use of or reliance on the information provided including without limitation, any loss of profit or direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive or consequential or any other damage whatsoever, even if Silverdale or its agents have been advised of the possibility of such loss of profit or damages. Further, Silverdale makes no representations about the accuracy, quality, or the performance of this Website, its contents or any service obtained through this Website, including but not limited to the warranties of non-infringement of third party rights, title, merchantability, satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, and freedom from computer virus. All terms that may be excluded are excluded to the fullest extent permitted under law.
- Related Parties, Conflict of Interests, Disclosure Silverdale is advisor to Sri Silverdale Opportunities Fund and is materially interested in dealings with Sri Silverdale Opportunities Fund ('SSOF'). Sri Silverdale Capital Partners ('SSCP') is investment manager of SSOF. Silverdale and SSCP have a common director. Silverdale is the Fund Manager of Silverdale Fund SPC ('SFSPC'), Silverdale and SFSPC have a common director. SSOF, SSCP, SFSPC, Silverdale, Silverdale's compliance head and Silverdale's CEO are related parties. Any one of Silverdale or its related parties or their directors, officers, employees, agents or representatives may have or have had an interest or holding, relationship or other arrangement with the securities and/or funds mentioned in the Website which may be material.
- Responsibilities of a User
- As a visitor to the Website, you are responsible for accessing it.
- The user of the Website should obtain opinion from independent professional adviser before making any decision or taking any action based on this Website.
- Your dealings with Silverdale or any of its related parties are not covered by the rules and/or regulations made for the protection of investors in your country of legal residence, including any compensation arrangements, complaints process or rights of cancellation under the rules of the regulatory authorities of your country. Further, similar protection is also not available from the country of incorporation of Silverdale and its related parties. Further, even where investor protection provisions exist, the rules and/or regulations applicable to the provision of investor protection may not be applicable to interfacing conducted through the internet medium and its various applications, of which this Website forms a material part.
Silverdale Capital Pte Ltd advises inter alia Silverdale Bond Fund, Silverdale Fixed Income Fund and Silverdale Equity Fund
TEAM & INFRASTRUCTURE
- Sanjay Guglani
- Team Silverdale
- Business Continuity Plan
- Business Ethics
- Corporate Social Responsibility
GET IN TOUCH